Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What Is the Footstool of God

# 648 - Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 12:36 "For David himself said by the Holy Spirit: 'The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."'

I've always been intrigued by the idea of the Lord having a footstool. What does it mean to make the Lord's enemies a footstool? One thing we can gather from this passage is that when the last enemy is part of this footstool, the end will come as Jesus will be sent from the right hand of the Father to come and claim His bride the church.

I would propose to you that this footstool is none other than the universal church of God. In 1Ch 28:2, we read, “Then King David rose to his feet and said, "Hear me, my brethren and my people: I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and for the footstool of our God, and had made preparations to build it.”

Here we see that the temple is referred to as the footstool of God, and when the last enemy is brought into the footstool, the temple, (the church) the end will come.

Who then is an enemy? It is anyone who is not with Christ. Therefore when the last enemy has been converted, when the last soul has been reached, (and God alone knows who that soul is,) the end will come.

Every name in the Book of Life will be accounted for! None will be missing. All the more reason for us to pray with the Apostle John, “Come Lord Jesus!” Are you in or out of the footstool? Is God waiting on you?

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Father, thank You for Your patience. Give all of Your children a longing to see Your footstool complete, help us to live and pray toward that end.

No comments :

Post a Comment