Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thankfully It's Not About Me

# 394 - Today's Living Word comes from Mr 6:4 But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house."

A prophet. A proclaimer of the Word of God. A person who has been gifted by God and called by God to relay God's Word to the people. This person has been granted the authority to say, “Thus says the Lord!” Or we might say, “This is God's take on things.”

Jesus had grown up in Nazareth as an ordinary young man, albeit a sinless young man. This sinlessness would certainly cause people to view Him as an unusually nice person, but it wouldn't necessarily cause them to think he was God. A modern day prophet faces the same dilemma, only worse.

They have the sins of their youth still implanted in the minds of those who knew them growing up! For the most part, my family and early childhood friends view me as a lot of things, but “prophet” is not one of them. Thankfully, it's not about me, or others opinions of me. It is the Word of God that is living and powerful!

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

When this Word is received by faith, it unleashes all life giving power that God intended. Isa 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Believe it beloved and receive power for living!

I'm Duane Matz and that's Today's Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment