Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

What Are We Putting On God's Plate

# 443 - Today's Living Word comes from Mr 7:21-23 “"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."

Do you want to know what constitutes evil? Many times the Scriptures give us lists of evil behaviors, but I fear that for the most part we don't spend a lot of time actually thinking about them. I hope we would all agree that evil is not pleasing to God. If it is not pleasing to Him and we say we love Him, wouldn't it behoove us to find out what these things are that He considers evil and then seek to avoid them? My wife loves me and she knows I detest liver. Since she knows I detest it, I know I will never find it on my plate. Should we not have the same attitude toward God?

In this portion of Scripture Jesus gives us a partial list of what the Father does not want us to put on His plate. Instead of quickly scanning through them, without taking the time to understand fully what they are, let's learn to pause and reflect on them and honestly ask ourselves if we are guilty of any of these things.

In the next several days, let's take some time to look at these big sounding words that for the most part have been removed from our vocabulary. Let's see what they really mean, and then let us ask the Holy Spirit to convict or convince us of any “evil-doing” on our part.

And then let's allow Him to take us to the cross that we might be forgiven of our sins, and challenged to “go and sin no more.” Let's purpose in our heart with the help of God, to cease from putting these things that He hates on His plate.

I'm Duane Matz and that's Today's Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment