Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Assassination By Lip, Heart, and Mind

# 460 - Today's Living Word comes from Mr 7:21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

In the matter of murder, we need to pay heed to the words of Jesus found in Mt 5:22,23, "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.' "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire.”

Let me paraphrase His words: “You've been taught for as long as you can remember that you shouldn't commit murder, and everyone who commits murder will be dealt with in court. But I say to you that if this commandment were correctly understood, even the person who is enraged in his mind against someone, to the point that they wish them harm deserves to go to the same court for they are guilty in God's eyes of the same crime.....murder. Further, those who would view someone else as utterly useless, deserves to be taken to an even higher court, and whoever regards someone as moronic deserves to go to hell.”

Jesus, I know I have been guilty of this sin. I struggle with it more often than I like to admit. That makes me a murderer and I deserve to go to hell. But I know too, that there is no sin that you have not paid for and so I come to You asking for mercy. Forgive me, and deliver me from these sins of assassination with my lips, heart, and mind.” I ask it in Your name, Amen.

I'm Duane Matz and that's Today's Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment