Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hush My Troubled Soul

# 356 - Today's Living Word comes from Mr 4:39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.

Having rebuked the cause of the boisterous seas, (the wind) Jesus now turns to the H2O. The effect of the wind on the seas was twofold. It created noise and it created turbulence. His command to the sea can be summed in the Greek like this: Hush! Put a muzzle on it and become still! As soon as HE spoke, there was great calm. Great tranquility, the sea was completely freed from agitation.

Think about this twofold miracle for a moment. Be in awe of what the Lord God did here! All that is required to cause wind to blow, all that gives movement to the sea, completely brought back to ground zero. Absolute stillness, absolute calm, absolute peace.

Kind of what happens in the new birth isn't it? The new birth is a miracle wrought by God in the soul of man that produces peace. A soul that had been agitated, troubled by sin and it's effects is now completely at peace with God.

This peace comes to us through the preaching of the gospel. Peter called it, “preaching the Good News of peace through Jesus Christ, and added “He is Lord of all,” perhaps Peter was recalling this very incident when he penned these words. Jesus is Lord of all, He is able to bring peace to your troubled soul! Ask Him!

Just take the time to pray something like this: “Jesus, Hush my troubled soul. Bring my strivings to an end. Help me to realize that You have done it all. You have paid for my sins on the cross, and You rose from the grave so that I may have new life. It's not what I do, but what You have done for me. Help me from this day forth to live a life in accordance with Your holy Word in thanksgiving for what You have done and continue to do in me. Amen”

I'm Duane Matz and that's Today's Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment