Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2023

Redemption

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

Redemption. I’m a competitor. From card playing, to bowling to golf, to back in the day when I played basketball or softball or tennis, I want to beat you! And if I had a bad game against you, I want another shot at you. I want to redeem my poor performance. I want redemption!

 

I was reading the gospel of Luke this morning and the subject of redemption showed up in  Lu 2:36-38! “Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; 37 and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. 38 And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Anna was present when Joseph and Mary came to the temple to present Jesus to the Lord. According to the Law of Moses, Jesus would’ve been 40 days old. She witnessed Simeon’s Holy Spirit led acknowledgment of Jesus as the Christ the Son of the Living God, and promptly gave thanks to the Lord, but she didn’t stop there! She went on to speak of Jesus to all who were looking for redemption.

 

So the whole point of this devo is to speak to those of you who are looking for redemption. Have you been playing the game of life badly in relation to God’s will for you? Have you been following the ways of the world rather than the ways of the Lord? Let me tell you with Anna about my Jesus. Look to Him for redemption. Let him get you back on the playing field a redeemed forgiven child of God, where you will be led by Him to play your best game ever! !

 

And you know what? Rest assured, through faith in Jesus, you will have your redemption and knowing this, it will put extra clout in the song you will sing this Easter morning. “ I know that my Redeemer lives, what comfort this sweet sentence gives!

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment