Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Touching Jesus

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

Just imagine! Merely touching the garment of Jesus resulted in all manner of healing, people were being made “perfectly well!”

 

Lu 6:19 And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.

 Mt 14:36 and begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made perfectly well.

 And don’t forget the healing of the woman with the bloody issue that had baffled doctors for years! One touch of the Master’s garment and she was healed!

But Jesus has ascended to the right hand of the Father! His physical presence and consequently any garment is not within our reach!  How are we able to touch Jesus today? He told His disciples in  Joh 14:18-23,  "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. 19 "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 "At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

 21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?" 23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Simply put, Jesus comes to us and touches us! He is with those who treasure (keep) His Word. Trust Him for any healing you need. It may not come in the form of physical healing, but it will definitely come in the most important healing….the healing of our sin problem.

 

This healing also comes to us when we partake of the body and blood of Jesus at the Lord’s table. This is as close as we will get to physical contact with Jesus until He returns. He asserted, “This is My body….this is My blood.” Given and shed for you for the ultimate healing….the remission of your sins.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment