Search This Blog

Friday, March 31, 2023

Songs of Deliverance

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

I’ve been blessed to work in contemporary Christian radio since 1988. In that amount of time, I couldn’t possibly count all the times that we just happened to play the right song at the right time! Words of biblical truth set to music  that comfort, console challenge and often times deliver people who are at the end of their rope.

 

To hear the testimonies of people who have been touched by these various songs has been one of the real blessings of this job.

 

I bring this up today, because this morning I found myself in the 32nd Psalm and verse 7 says, “You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

 

Now that’s the ultimate in “surround sound!” How does God do this? Does HE have a celestial angelic  choir at His disposal for just such a purpose, or does He use the music at a worship service, or a Christian Radio station to help, comfort, strengthen, and deliver  His children in their hour of need?

 

One of  my all time favorite songs of deliverance was done by Steven Curtis Chapman back in the 1990’s. It speaks to me even to this day, when I’m “up against it,” It’s called “His Strength IS Perfect/” I pray it will help you today in your seemingly impossible situation. Give it a listen!

His Strength Is Perfect (Live At Studio C, Gaither Studios, Alexandria, IN/2018) - Bing video

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment