Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2023

Only Jesus

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

I find myself wondering today. “what is written of me in the scroll of the book?” Psalm 40:7-10 speaks of this book and it appears it is some sort of a heavenly logbook of my deeds.

Ps 40:7 Then I said, "Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me. 8 I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart."

 9 I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness In the great assembly; Indeed, I do not restrain my lips, O LORD, You Yourself know. 10 I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth From the great assembly.

 

Imagine God logging these things about you! This Duane delights to do my will. His heart is full of My Law! He has proclaimed the good news of righteousness with unrestrained lips! He has hidden My righteousness in his heart. He has declared My faithfulness and My salvation and not concealed my mercy or my truth!

 

Oh my, that would be so wonderful, I would not be able to contain my joy! These are things that please God, my Father. But if this is a book of deeds, what about the rest of my deeds? What about the times I have failed, (and there are far too many to count!)

 

No Lord, if there be any entry in the “scroll of the book,” let it be one word JESUS! It is only Jesus who is behind every one of these commendable deeds. saying this about you! It’s only Jesus who removes my uncommendable deeds (my sin) and fills me with His righteousness. The few times I get it right, it I His doing not mine.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment