Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

My Word Is Reset

 

Good day! And Happy New Year! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

I’ve seen several Facebook posts from friends who have used the new year as an incentive to summarize their expectations for the coming year in one word. I like it! I think it’s a great idea. After praying about it and reading in the book of Jonah, the Lord has given me the word “reset.” (or as my old irritating GPS would say, “recalculating!”)

Jonah was suppose to go to Ninevah and preach repentance to a violent people and but he took off in the opposite direction. His GPS kept insisting to recalculate and the sailors on the ship got so irritated by the sound that they threw it into the sea…unfortunately, it was in Jonah’s pocket at the time.

OK, you know that’s not the way it really happened. But the Lord did step in and got Jonah back on the right track. That’s my personal prayer for this year.

 

Sometimes life comes at you with many distractions and you find yourself off course from what God has been calling you to do.

 

These distractions can be well-intended good things and but you can run the risk of becoming a spiritual “jack of all trades and master of none.”  

 

Still another problem is fear creeps in and we back off from what God has intended for us, (This was Jonah’s problem.)

 

I don’t know what my problem is, maybe I don’t have a problem! But I’m going to be open to any on course correction’s God has in store for me in 2023 and I’m excited to see where that will lead!

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment