Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2023

A Lesson From Cooper On Mercy

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word.

 

My dog’s name is Cooper. He is a Berne doodle and has the most beautiful big brown eyes. Every night, after supper I do a trick with him, involving his favorite treat.

 

I place a treat on the floor and he is not allowed to eat it until I say “OK.” While he waits, he keeps those unflinching big brown eyes locked on mine. You can just read the anticipation and plea in those eyes! If he could speak, he would probably say something like. “Have mercy on me! Give me the go ahead!”

 

Ps 123:1 <<A Song of Ascents.>> Unto You I lift up my eyes, O You who dwell in the heavens. 2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, So our eyes look to the LORD our God, Until He has mercy on us.

 

Need some mercy in your life these days? Lock your eyes on your loving heavenly Father. It may not come in the package you imagine or desire, but it is coming! Wait on it, confident that He will give you exactly what you need.

 

Thanks Cooper for the reminder that we have a God who bestows mercy!

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment