Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Dauntless

 

Dauntless - incapable of being intimidated or subdued

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word.

 

I usually start me day by singing a hymn from me Ambassador Hymnal and today I found myself in the Easter section of the Hymnal singing “Now All The Vault of Heaven Resounds.”

 

It’s a great Easter hymn with a very familiar, easy to sing, ring to it, but as I was singing I was stopped in my tracks when I hit the third verse. It goes like this:

 

Oh fill us Lord with dauntless love,

Boom! What a prayer! God help me love, no matter the intimidation! Let my love for You and others, never be subdued! Let me move forward undaunted by what others may think, undaunted by the attitudes and ways of the world. Give me the undaunted love that Christ had for me and the world!

 

His love was resolute! A love that remained unintimidated even though the cross ever loomed before Him!

 Heb 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

A dauntless love that even as the people mocked Him, spit at him, pounded spikes through His hands and feet, He prayed, “Father forgive them they know not what they do.”

 

But there’s more to be cherished in this old hymn! Listen to the rest of verse 3.

 

“Set heart and will on things above,

That we conquer, Through Your triumph,

Grant grace sufficient for the day, that by our lives we truly say,

Christ has triumphed! He is living!

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

What a prayer! Grant me the grace dear Lord that my life of dauntless love will truly say, “Christ has triumphed!” Let it be said by others that He is living, and loving dauntlessly through me!

 

Oh fill me Lord with Your dauntless love!

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment