Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Stupid

 

 

Have you ever called someone stupid? You know, that driver that cut you off on the road the other day, and you just blurted it out! “Stupid! Watch where you’re going!!” Or someone makes a bonehead move at work that delays getting your work done, and you refer to them as that “stupid” co-worker. My favorite use of the word “stupid” is when I bang my head on a door jamb. “Stupid door jamb!” Nothing like a brainless inanimate object to bring forth such wrath on my part. Upon further review I have to admit maybe it wasn’t the door jamb that was “stupid,” maybe it was me for not ducking my head! (LOL)

 

I don’t like to use the word to describe people, and I don’t think God wants me to use it that way either. How did Jesus put it? "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. (Mt 5:22)

 If anyone is going to call someone “stupid,” let it be God! Did you know that He regards some people as stupid? He says in Pr 12:1, “Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.”

 

Whoa! That’s strong! But God’s Word is full of instruction that is designed to help us live in the way God created us to live. It helps us to avoid sin and all its damaging effects. It is corrective in nature and helps us to stay on the right path. It keeps us from banging our heads on the door jamb of life. To ignore it, (according to God’s Word) is “stupid.”

 

Think of the Ten Commandments. Disregard any one of them and see where that leads. It leads to pain in your life, pain that could’ve been avoided if you would have followed it’s intended correction. So, my friend, don’t be “stupid.”  Love God’s correction, don’t hate it. You’ll have a lot less self-inflicted headaches if you do!

No comments :

Post a Comment