Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2021

A Meltdown

 

I have been in an uphill battle against Covid which invaded my lungs in October and progress has been painstakingly slow for this impatient pilgrim. Then yesterday, it happened…..the meltdown.

It took me by complete surprise. Are 73 year old grown spiritual mature followers of Christ, supposed to have “meltdowns?” And then, mercy me, are they supposed to tell anyone about them? Doesn’t sound very macho to me! But then, kind of a fitting end of 2021 if you ask me!

I had just finished my morning devo and made a stop in the bathroom on my way to the kitchen where my wife and I were going to sync our January calendars. She had given me a two year pocket calendar for Christmas with the names of Jesus written all over the case.

As I rose from the toilet, guess what tumbled out of my back pocket and into what used to be the contents of my bladder? Yes, that’s right. The gifted calendar with all the names of Jesus in the loo!

I don’t know why, but at that point, I lost it.

I started wailing “No! No! No! Joanie came rushing in to see if I was all right, and then the dam broke. I started sobbing and crying uncontrollably.  “God help me I cried, I can’t do this anymore.” Well after a minute or so I was able to gather myself together again, but I could almost sense my loving heavenly Father saying, “My dear son, I’ve been waiting for you to say that from the get go.”

Oh those precious moments when one is able to actually let go for a moment and really turn it over to God!

Maybe you’re in need of such a moment. Maybe things have been piling up, and you don’t see any hint of relief. PLEASE   do me, and yourself a  favor and take the time to listen to this Keith Green song, and let this word from God sink in: Ps 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-These, O God, You will not despise.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIgVU_5FsqA

No comments :

Post a Comment