Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2021

January 22: A Day Of Infamy

 

Pr 24:11 Deliver those who are drawn toward death, And hold back those stumbling to the slaughter. 12 If you say, "Surely we did not know this," Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not  render to each man according to his deeds?

 

Today is my birthday. It is also a day of the greatest infamy in the United States of America. On my 26th birthday in 1973, the Supreme Court of the United States handed down a decision that legalized the killing of unborn children in the womb. Since that day, over 62 million unborn children will never celebrate a birthday.

I’ve always found it ironic that the Lord has placed such a heavy burden on my heart for the unborn, and subsequently an equally heavy burden for those women and men who are now in torment over the guilt of their act.

 

January 22nd may be my birth day, but for many (62 million) it was their death warrant day.

 

In the days ahead, we will hear much about “reproductive freedom”, and a woman’s “right to choose.” The new democratic congress and president will likely overturn many of the pro-life initiatives of the Trump presidency, but it’s what the majority of voters wanted. May God have mercy on the soul of America. Where is the “right to choose” for the female unborn baby?

 

I am amazed by those who claim to be guided by science, and yet continue to consider an unborn child nothing but a blob of tissue. I am even more amazed by those who profess to be followers of Jesus Christ and choose to ignore the biblical evidence that life begins at conception.

 

Here’s a crash course on when life begins according to the Scriptures:

#1 We are all conceived in sin! Ps 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

 

#2 The wage of sin is death! Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 

#3. How can that wage be carried out if someone weren’t first alive?

 

That unborn child is just as much in need of God’s grace as you or I. Does he or she receive it? I like to think so in light of David’s statement upon the death of his infant child in 2Sa 12:23 "But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

 

“I shall go to him!” What hope filled words for those who have lost a child in the womb.

 

One more thing. The political majority in this country has been like the tide. It comes and goes but the ungodly right to kill an unborn child remains intact. Think about that, and what does that tell you about the real answer to this problem? It is a spiritual issue. Hearts need to change, and that change only comes when people receive Jesus Christ as their LORD and Savior.

It’s only when God’s Word quickens our hearts and we believe what He says about life! And David reminds us in Ps 139:14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

 

For those who have participated in the act of aborting a child or supported it in any way, remember, there is no sin that Jesus did not pay for on the cross. And 1Jo 1:9 assu8res us: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No comments :

Post a Comment