Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Taunting God

# 724 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 14:65 Then some began to spit on Him, and to blindfold Him, and to beat Him, and to say to Him, "Prophesy!" And the officers struck Him with the palms of their hands.

It wasn't enough that these religious leaders spit on the Son of God, next they begin to savagely . mock Him. They blindfold Jesus and taunt Him while beating Him with clenched fists.

The biblical commentator Lenski says, the taunting went even further, suggesting that they were in effect saying, “Who hit You Christ, and what are you gonna do about it!”

Can you imagine, God sitting there and taking that kind of abuse from those whom He created? Well He did. These people have absolutely denied that Jesus is God, and here's what we need to consider.

What are we doing every time we willfully sin against God? Aren't we doing the same thing? Aren't we taunting Him? Aren't we denying His lordship? Knowing something is wrong and willfully pushing on to do it is in effect saying, “What are you going to do bout it? And aren't we asking for a trip to the woodshed?

Ps 89:30 "If his sons forsake My law And do not walk in My judgments, 31 If they break My statutes And do not keep My commandments, 32 Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, And their iniquity with stripes. 33 Nevertheless My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, Nor allow My faithfulness to fail.

We offend our holy God with sin every single day! Nonetheless, He says, “nevertheless!” Here's what He says He will do about it, when we come to Him with a contrite heart. It may involve a trip to the woodshed but He says, “Just as I was willing to forgive these people, I am willing to forgive you. I love you so much I will even forgive your willful sins, if you turn to Me.

Father forgive my willful sins, have mercy on me. For Jesus sake. Amen

No comments :

Post a Comment