Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

His Relentless Pursuit

# 714 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 14:48-50, “Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? 49 "I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize Me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled." 50 Then they all forsook Him and fled.


Okay, what's happened so far? When the arresting party came, and Jesus asked, “Who do you seek?” and they replied, “Jesus of Nazareth,” He said “I am He.” and immediately they were all knocked on their butts.

Then Peter slices off Malchus' ear with his sword, and Jesus immediately heals it. Now Jesus asks them to consider again whom they are dealing with. I find it amazing that the arresting party didn't fill their Roman armor and flee after these incidents!

“Do you guys really know who you are dealing with? “Does what you have just witnessed put Me in the category of an ordinary robber? Why didn't you arrest me when I was in the temple?” “You tried but you couldn't because I Am He!”
Oh, listen to Jesus as He keeps trying to reach these people.

He says, “can't you see? God is behind all this!” And I am only allowing this, indeed, I am orchestrating it! It's the only reason, My disciples beat feet and you (the mob) didn't! The Scriptures must be fulfilled!”

God was orchestrating it all.

Learn from this beloved, and turn to Jesus, and the Scriptures, because He is trying to reach you as well. He orchestrated everything about His life, death, and resurrection, that you and I might live.

Father, thank You for supplying more evidence of Your heart for the lost. Thank You for Your relentless love and pursuit of sinners like me.

No comments :

Post a Comment