Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stopping God In His Tracks

# 605 - Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 10:46-49a, “Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" So Jesus stood still.”

A couple of things stand out here. First of all, the faith of Bartimaeus. Who told him that Jesus was the Son of David? The Son of David was the title reserved for the Messiah! Only God could've revealed this fact to Bartimaeus.

Next, notice what Jesus did when the cries of Bartimaeus hit His ears. “He stood still.” He literally stopped in His tracks. Beloved, every cry for mercy stops God in His tracks? Ps 33:18 says, “Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy.”

A cry for mercy, is hope for mercy and it's why the publican went to his house justified and the Pharisee did not. The publican prayed, “God, be merciful to me a sinner.” ( Lu 18:13b) This heartfelt prayer will stop God in His tracks every time . Need mercy and forgiveness from God? Just ask. He is more than happy to give it

God, how I need Your mercy! Even when I'm on top of my game and everything seems to be running smoothly, my heart cries out for Your mercy. It thrills me to know, that such heartfelt cries stop You in Your tracks, and move You to action on my behalf.

No comments :

Post a Comment