Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Other Part of the Reward

# 596 - Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 10:29,30 “So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's, "who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life. "

There is no exception here. All those who forsake, who make Jesus their top love and priority, will be rewarded in the here and now with the sweet shared and sharing fellowship found only in the Body of Christ. Now don't miss the other part of the reward....persecutions.

As a member of the Body of Christ and in active fellowship with others, you will experience persecution. Jesus said in Joh 15:19,20 "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.”

As a forsaker, you have been called out of fellowship with the world and into fellowship with Jesus and other believers. This means persecution must come for the sake of your faith. Persevere brothers and sisters for the sake of the age to come, namely heaven.

Re 21:7 "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

Father, help me to not overlook the fact that persecution will come. It will come in all forms, help me to be aware of it and to keep my eye on the prize when it comes. Help me to be an overcomer that I may be with You one day in Paradise.

No comments :

Post a Comment