Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Let Go and Trust God For Your New Life

# 587 - Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 10:22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. 23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!"

What a contrast! The rich young man had just moments ago ran up to Jesus! He couldn't wait to talk to Him about salvation! Now, presented with what was necessary for him to obtain it, he trudges away with a gloomy face and a heavy heart.

I remember my own Prodigal story. My drinking and partying had caused me to hit rock bottom, and I came to the point where I desired the Lord's forgiveness and salvation. As I wrestled with the Lord about this matter of picking up my cross and following Him, I knew the drinking and partying would have to go. This was my wealth. This is what I lived for. Would I be willing to give it up?

Obviously, the answer was yes, but it was a struggle and I know it was only by the grace of God that I was empowered to say yes to Jesus and no to my old lifestyle. Is there something keeping you from the kingdom of God? May I suggest that you read 1 Cor 6:9-11. It's quite a list of just some of the things we need to give up. Don't despair as you read them, just be willing to give them up and allow them to become past tense in your life as you surrender to the Spirit of God.

1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Thank You Father, for leading us to turn from these sins, that we might have eternal life, how wonderful to know that these can all be past tense in our lives through the power of Your Holy Spirit.

No comments :

Post a Comment