Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Give Me the Eyes of Faith

# 607 - Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 10:51 So Jesus answered and said to him, "What do you want Me to do for you?" The blind man said to Him, "Rabboni, that I may receive my sight." Then Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.

What a physical miracle! Jesus has the power to restore the eyesight of Bartimaeus. And what a picture of the power He has to restore our spiritual blindness. We are all born, (indeed conceived) in spiritual blindness. “in sin my mother conceived me.” (Ps 51:5) “But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1Co 2:14)

So, we, being made aware of our spiritual condition through the Law, call out to Jesus for mercy, He responds to our pleas and calls us through the gospel, we respond by casting aside anything that would hinder us from coming to Him, and He says, “What do you want me to do for you?” And our response is similar to that of Bartimaeus.

“Give me the eyes of faith. Let me see things from Your perspective.” And Jesus replies, “Because God has caused you to believe (given you faith) I can do this, let it be done.” And immediately his sight was restored and He followed Jesus. That's his story, it's my story, and we're sticking with it.........make it yours.

Thank You Father for the gift of faith, may You continue to help us see things from Your perspective.

No comments :

Post a Comment