Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

You Will Fail Me

# 699 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 14:29 Peter said to Him, "Even if all are made to stumble, yet I will not be." 30 Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you that today, even this night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times." 31 But he spoke more vehemently, "If I have to die with You, I will not deny You!" And they all said likewise.”

Have you memorized any Scripture? How about memorizing this one: “before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me.” You might ask, “How is that scripture going to help me in my daily walk?”

Well, as long as you and I live, roosters will be crowing. New days will be dawning. And in those days we often find ourselves saying such things as, “Starting today, I'm going to read my Bible more.” Or, “Starting today I'm going to watch my tongue more.” “Starting today”........well, just fill in the blank. Oh, the vows we have broken over the years.

No wonder the Holy Spirit reminds us to not make vows. Jas 5:12 But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath. But let your "Yes," be "Yes," and your "No," "No," lest you fall into judgment.”

Every time, we are tempted to make such vows, it would be wise to have those words of Jesus ringing in our ears. “Assuredly I say to you before morning breaks, you will fail Me.”

With this passage in our memory bank, the Holy Spirit will be able to remind us that our flesh will fail, just as Peter's did, but just as the cock signals the start of a new day, we too can start anew through confession and restoration through the free forgiveness given to us through Christ.

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 Jn 1:9)

Lord, let me never forget that I fail You on a daily basis, and thanks for forgiving my failures. Help me today to walk in newness of life.

No comments :

Post a Comment