Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Leaving Jesus Behind In the Deadly Box

# 696 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 14:27 Then Jesus said to them, "All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: 'I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered.' 28 "But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee."

The word “stumble” here carries with it the idea of a trap. A crude trap that has bait on a stick and when you go for the bait, the box falls on you and you're trapped. The idea is the suddenness of the springing of the trap. None of the disciples will be prepared for their reaction when the trap is sprung. They will react as any animal would.....scatter....leaving Jesus behind in the deadly box.

This is an amazing prophecy from Jesus for the eleven. He knew of the trap, (the plans of men to arrest Him,) and certainly could not be caught in such a trap if He chose, but He willingly allows Himself to be caught! Joh 10:17 "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.”

This prophecy alone should be mind-boggling to the disciples, but there's more! He tells them that the Scriptures even speak of their scurrying off when the trap is sprung!

But best of all He promises them that in spite of His being caught in this deadly trap, and in spite of their abandonment, He looks forward to overcoming death, being released from the box and being together with them again in Galilee!

Father, thank You again for this sure prophetic Word, may it be a source of encouragement for all who hear it today.

No comments :

Post a Comment