Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Prepared For the Next Prophetic Event

# 688 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 14:8 "She has done what she could. She has come beforehand to anoint My body for burial. 9 "Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her."

Mary. Good old sit at the feet of Jesus Mary. She got it, most of the others didn't. That should tell us something about the importance of sitting at the feet of Jesus.

Oh, how important it is to take in His Word.

While others blew off his statements about going to Jerusalem to be crucified and buried, or just didn't want to talk about it, Mary took Him literally and prepared for the event. I wonder how long she had this oil in her possession?

With great foresight she breaks out the oil now while Jesus is with her, because who knows what kind of chaos will surround the crucifixion, making it impossible to do any anointing. Mary was prepared for this event and her preparedness will be spoken of wherever the gospel is preached. Because it begs us to answer the question, “are we prepared for the next prophetic event of the Lord?

Are we ready for His return? Those who have sat at the feet of Jesus know that He is coming soon, and we know better than to be like the foolish virgins who did not keep the oil in their lamps. Be prepared! Walk in the Spirit. Keep the oil flowing through contrition, repentance, and absolution.

Father, I can get so sloppy with this gift of faith. Lukewarmness seeks to overtake me at every turn. Guard my heart. Let me ever be open to correction, and give me the desire to follow hard after Jesus, ever relying on Your mercy and strength. God, give me oil in my lamp I pray.

No comments :

Post a Comment