Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Never Underestimate The Evil You Are Capable Of

# 691 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 14:17 In the evening He came with the twelve. 18 Now as they sat and ate, Jesus said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you who eats with Me will betray Me." 19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say to Him one by one, "Is it I?" And another said, "Is it I?"

Jesus and His precious twelve. The twelve that He had chosen to be a part of His ministry after spending a night in prayer. The twelve that he had empowered to go out and deliver people from disease and demons, now gathered with Him to celebrate the Jewish passover meal.

At some point during the meal, He drops the bombshell. “One of you here tonight, eating with Me will betray me! The word betray here means to yield up. They all knew exactly what He meant. Someone was going to yield Jesus up to the authorities.

They also knew enough about their Master that He knew how this betrayal would take place. Only one disciple had the same knowledge. One by one they ask Him, “Jesus will it be me? Will something happen in my heart that will turn me against You? Oh Jesus say it isn't me!

Why would the eleven have to ask such a question? Why couldn't the eleven just say, “Well it's not going to be me?” I believe the Holy Spirit has a very valuable lesson for each of us here. DON'T PUT ANYTHING PAST THE WICKED CAPABILITIES OF YOUR HEART. Jer 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?.”

Beloved, know this about your own heart and pray that Jesus will guard it from ever abandoning Him.

Father, rescue me from my own evil heart. Let me never underestimate the evil that I am capable of.

No comments :

Post a Comment