Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Heaven There Is No Beer

# 696 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 14:25 "Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God." 26 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

The polka band raucously sings, “In heaven there is no beer,” I think that's a pretty sound theological statement. (Although it is no excuse to drink it excessively while we live here on earth.)

But Jesus says here that there will be wine. Do we take Him literally or figuratively?

I don't know, I haven't been there yet, but I hope to find out! One thing I do know, if it is literal wine, it will make the most expensive bottle of French wine seem like Ripple. It will be beverage without flaw. (As will be all things in heaven.”)

But let's not miss the real point here. The point is Jesus is helping His disciples look forward to the wedding feast of the Lamb. The miracle at Cana should help us understand that weddings and wine are inseparable, because they foreshadow the second coming of Christ.

Jesus has been away preparing a mansion for His betrothed bride, and when He comes to fetch us, the eternal feast begins. All believers will be at table with Him, that is, in perfect fellowship with Him, and in perfect merriment for eternity.

Wine or no wine, what could be better than that?

Father, how we look forward to that day when Jesus will come and restore all things to perfection. Help us to endure until that Day.

No comments :

Post a Comment