Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

There Is Work For You

# 681 Today's Du-votional comes from: Mr 13:34 "It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch.

Jesus seeks to explain to His disciples what's going to happen when He ascends into heaven. Today, let's look at this business of assigning work to His servants.

Eph 4:8 says, “Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men."” These gifts are mentioned in several places in Scripture:

Eph 4:11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

In Ro 12:6-8 we see other gifts listed such as, prophecy, ministry, teaching, exhortation, giving, leadership, and mercy, and in 1Co 12:28, we read, “ And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

All of these gifts given to individuals in His church for the purpose of taking care of His household, His church until He returns. We were all saved to be a part of building up His Church! Friend, there is work for you in your local congregation. Stop standing around! Get involved. Pew sitting and apathy are not an option!

Pray with me now. Father, I don't know where I fit in, but I know I need to be a part of what Your church is doing. Help me to see my role and don't let me miss my opportunities to fulfill it.

No comments :

Post a Comment