Search This Blog

Monday, March 27, 2023

A Four-Word Prayer

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

I have a simple four-word prayer for you as you kick off your week. It’s found in Ps 28:9 Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever.

 

The four words are, “save, bless, shepherd, and bear

 

I don’t know where you are in your relationship with God, but if you are not “saved,” none of these other things matter. “What must I do to be saved? The Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas the same question in  Ac 16:30 And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Elsewhere in Scripture we are plainly told to call on Jesus for our salvation! Ro 10:13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

 

Once saved, we then move on to ask the Lord to “bless” us, as a loving father would bless his children. Ps 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Selah

 

In this prayer we also ask Jesus to Shepherd us. As our shepherd. We ask for protection from the evil one, and it’s also a prayer for guidance and correction as we follow Him.

 

And finally we ask Him to bear us up under all burdens and griefs that may come our way. Ps 91:11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

 

Further, we have this promise from Jesus:  Mt 11:28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 

A simple prayer for the unbeliever and the believer alike! “Save me, bless me, Shepherd me, and bear me.”

 

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment