Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2023

Secret Sins

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

Secret sins. We all have them. Wrongdoings from our past and even things going on now in our lives that we just as soon not let anyone know about. David struggled with these secret sins and asked the Lord to cleanse him from them. He pleaded with God in   Ps 19:12 Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Ps 19:13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me.

 

These are sins of thought, word, and deed. Pride, lust, hatred, covetousness, selfishness, and more, all lurk in our sinful minds and hearts, just waiting to break out and many times they do.  Sometimes presumptuously …we know better, yet we plow ahead in our willful waywardness.

 

O God, I am such a miserable sinner, have mercy on me! I may hide my sins from others, but I cannot hide them from You! Sometimes I even hide them from myself, unaware that I have offended You! Forgive me! Cleanse me from sins.

It is both chilling and comforting to know the truth of  Ps 139: O LORD, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

 

Jesus knew of all my sins, secret and willful yet He stayed on that cross as God poured out His wrath against all my sins on His Son. His atonement is complete! Praise God!

 

Would you pray with me today: Almighty and everlasting God. We bow before You in repentance of our sins. We have sinned against you in many ways, most of which are unknown even to us! Forgive us for bad attitudes that offend You, for remarks that hurt You and others, for not following Your Word and Spirit as they try to lead us. Forgive us for those times when we have forgotten to call upon You and help us to live our lives in the way that will please You. This we pray, thanking You for Your great love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment