Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2021

Intricate Unity

 

 

Are you “pro-life?.” Where do you stand on this issue? Are you swayed by the rhetoric of the world, or are you open to what the Bible says about when life begins?

 

There is no shortage of Bible verses that affirm God as the Creator of life in the womb. He is the Potter, we are the clay and we have no right to discard our fellow pots! Isa 45:9 says, "Woe to him who strives with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth! Shall the clay say to him who forms it, 'What are you making?' Or shall your handiwork say, 'He has no hands'?”

 

Truth be told, God’s creative process for every individual begins even before conception. In light of “woe to him who strives with His Maker,” maybe we should get a better understanding of this truth.

Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

 

“BEFORE I FORMED YOU. In other words, God selected the very sperm and egg of Jeremiah’s parents to assemble this child who’s DNA  would be well suited to help him serve as a prophet to the nations.

But Jeremiah is not the only place in Scripture where we get a ringside seat to God’s creative process.  In the Book of Job, where we find Job complaining about his current situation, he gives us a very graphic look at the creative process. First of all, he reminds us of the marvel of the human body!

 

Job 10:8 'Your hands have made me and fashioned me, An intricate unity;

 

“An intricate unity!” What a great description of the human body. The more we explore the body and how we are put together, the more we should bow down and worship God. Every part of the body contributing to the whole. That kind of intricacy does not emerge from a swamp, there is intelligent design behind it!

 

Then in Job 10:10, Job gets graphic trying as best as he can to explain the act of fertilization! “Did you not pour me out like milk, And curdle me like cheese, 11 Clothe me with skin and flesh, And knit me together with bones and sinews? 12 You have granted me life and favor, And Your care has preserved my spirit. 13 'And these things You have hidden in Your heart; I know that this was with You:

Job knows this creative process was God’s doing from start to finish! Oh that we would know it too, especially in a nation where more than 62 million unborn children have been tossed aside through legalized abortion?  The intricate unity of God dissected by the abortionist’s curette.

 

God have mercy on us. And He will if we will but confess our sin and receive His promised forgiveness. There is no sin that Jesus did not pay for on the cross, even the sin of abortion.

No comments :

Post a Comment