Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2020

# 98 As I Hear I Judge



Joh 5:30 "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

“As I hear, I judge.” On that final Day, when Jesus returns, He will judge every individual by the testimony of their lives. Our lives and the way we live speak loud and clear! Do we believe and live as Jesus is our Lord, or not? His verdict will be completely fair and impartial. As He says at the beginning of this verse, He does nothing of Himself.  His judgement will be spot on, totally righteous, almost cold. You are either in or out!

It’s totally correct or right because it is based solely on the will of the Father, which is laid out for us in Scripture. We are without excuse. It’s there in black and white for all of us! It can’t be much clearer than what Jesus said in  Joh 12:48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

Jesus has done what needed to be done on His part as the obedient Son. He went to the cross and died for our sins. He spoke the words that the Father commanded Him to speak! Joh 12:49 says, "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.  50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."


Jesus, in His obedience to the Father, has provided all we need for eternal life. What now will we do with that provision? Will we heed His words or not? His words are simple. “Believe in Him and be baptized and you will be saved.” Mr 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

When we are baptized, we “put on Christ.” (Gal 3:27) and by enduring faith, we keep Him on. Mt 24:13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”

And on that final Day, the Father will look at those who have put on Christ and see Jesus and all His works, rather than all the unrighteous works of our flesh! Put on Jesus and be seen as that faithful servant in Mt 25:21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'


No comments :

Post a Comment