Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Wars and Rumors of Wars

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

I’ll never forget the picture. I saw it at the start of the war between the Ukraine and the Soviet Union. It was a Ukrainian father tearfully saying goodbye to his young daughter. I pray for them often, asking that God would safely reunite them at the end of this conflict.

 

Wars! Caused by the lust and pride of sinful man as we are reminded in Jas 4:2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war.

 

It is because of this unshakeable pride and lust of man that we will always have war and rumors of the same.

Jesus said in Mr 13:7 "But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet.

 

 

Even though wars “must happen,” doesn’t mean that we can’t pray for an end to any specific conflict. I was made aware of this truth today as I was reading in  Ps 46:8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, Who has made desolations in the earth.

 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire.

 

God is able! Go to Him in prayer for the many conflicts taking place in our world today. Pray with me that that daughter and father and thousands just like them may be safely reunited.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment