Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Knee Deep In Muck

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

Ps 40:1 <<To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.>> I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.

 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.

 

 

I grew up along the Fox River in the southern part of the state of Wisconsin and spent many hours swimming in its mucky waters. There were places you tried to stay away from when swimming because the bottom was knee deep in “miry clay.”

 

If you wandered into it, you could barely move and you couldn’t wait to get your feet back on more solid ground.

 

Maybe you are finding yourself stuck these days in your day to day living. You’ve hit a snag in your spiritual growth, or you have been praying, but God’s not answering, or you know, you’re just stuck.

 

David’s answer is not the one we typically want to hear. He says, “I waited patiently on the Lord.” That’s the key! Wait the season out and while you wait don’t take the Law into your own hands.

 

God hears your cry! Help is on the way. He will lead you to solid footing and set your steps back in motion again, on the path of His choosing.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment