Search This Blog

Monday, July 15, 2024

The Trustworthy Word of God

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

Reading in Numbers 23 today, I was reminded again of one of my favorite Bible verses. When this prodigal (yours truly) came back to the Father’s house through faith in Jesus, this was one of the first verses I memorized! 2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

 

ALL SCRIPTURE!

 

This verse is foundational to my faith in Jesus because it cements the veracity of God’s Word (all of it) in my heart. It gives supernatural clout to all the rest of Scripture including Jn 3:16! The Bible IS the Word of God and it can be trusted to guide the follower of Christ in their new life!

 

But what does Numbers 23 have to do with it? Good question! Numbers 23 has a companion verse to 2 Tim 3:16 and worthy of memorization as well. It’s further proof that Scripture interprets (backs up ) scripture!

 

Nu 23:19 affirms, "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”

 

My flesh, the world, and the devil will lie to me, but God will never lie! I may not understand it all, but the Holy Spirit has convinced me of its truth, and reliability. May He do the same for you

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment