Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2020

# 40 His Disciples Remembered


Joh 2:18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, "What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?" 19 Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"
 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

“His disciples remembered.” Their memory was triggered by the Lord’s resurrection from the dead. What a blessing it is to have any event in life trigger revelations of Scriptural truths! Maybe it’s a needed financial blessing that came your way after you took the leap of faith to tithe, and Mal 3:10 comes to your mind: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the LORD of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.”

Maybe it’s a restored position, or a relationship, that had been busted up, and  Joel 2:25 comes to your mind: "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten”

Whatever the case may be, it is too marvelous for words! Faith strengthening moments are deeply cherished by the child of God, but they won’t happen if you haven’t first spent some prayerful time in the Word of God!

I find myself wondering, “What scriptures did the Holy Spirit bring to mind for these disciples that were triggered by the bodily resurrection of Jesus? Was it  Job 19:25,26? “For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God,”

Ps 16:10? “For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.”

Isa 26:19? “Your dead shall live; Together with my dead body they shall arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; For your dew is like the dew of herbs, And the earth shall cast out the dead.”
 Ho 13:14? "I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O Death, I will be your plagues! O Grave, I will be your destruction! Pity is hidden from My eyes.

Oh how their hearts must’ve leapt when these spiritual truths began to sink in! “I know that my Redeemer lives and I shall live with Him!

Oh blessed Holy Spirit who guided the disciples into all truth, who taught them all things, and brought to remembrance all that Jesus has said to them!

Oh blessed Holy Spirit who guides and teaches the saints today through the Scriptures that He inspired men to write down.

Friend don’t miss out on this blessing! Purpose in your heart to spend time in the Scriptures on a regular basis! Open them up daily and pray that the Holy Spirit will open them up to you, that you, like the disciples, may “hear and believe.”

No comments :

Post a Comment