Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Your Redeemer Is On the Way

666- Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Sa 22:17-20, “"He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters. 18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me; For they were too strong for me. 19 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the LORD was my support. 20 He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me. (2 Sam 22:17-20) We've all seen the video clips of people caught up in tsunami's and flood waters. Utterly helpless and energy fading fast the rescuers arrive in helicopters or boats and pluck their often spent bodies out of certain death. This is a picture of many of the trials and temptations we face here on earth. It feels like we are being swept up in crisis, our spiritual strength waning as our world comes crashing down around us. Take heart from this passage. Help is on the way. The Lord sees and He stands ready to pluck you out of your troubled waters. But why does He wait so long? Sometimes it's just a matter of reaching that point where we are not able to rely on an ounce of our own strength. Isa 59:19b,20 says, “ When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him. 20 "The Redeemer will come to Zion, And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob," Says the LORD. Please note the necessity of turning from transgression. That's called repentance. David likens the enemy to an overwhelming flood, he admits that like floodwaters, (the enemy) is too strong for him, and he cries to the Lord for help. In his weakened state the enemy came at him all the more, but the Lord delivered him and set him on a broad place safe from the raging stream. The word “calamity” here means “ruin.” Think about that. Many times often by our own wrong choices or the wrong choices of others we find ourselves in ruinous situations. It seems to us that there is no way out, and the enemy seemingly screams at us. “You are ruined! All is lost!” But it's not! Take heart from this passage! Hang on knowing that God is able to rescue you from ruin, and if it is your transgression that has kindled the situation, turn from it confident that the Redeemer is on His way!

No comments :

Post a Comment