Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ranting and Raving About God

662- Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Sa 22:4 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. (2 Sam 22:4) Here is another great promise of Scripture. When the enemy comes after you or I there is safety for those who call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised. (The word praised basically means to be foolishly ranted about) Something we might ask ourselves here is, “when's the last time we raved and ranted about the Lord?” If we would just stop and consider His history of acting in our own lives, it seems that ranting and raving and carrying on about our God is simply the natural thing to do! Additionally, given God's history of deliverance, it is only natural to call on Him when we need deliverance from any and all dilemmas. To call on God is to confront Him boldly, that is, come face to face to Him, brimming with confidence. This is the essence of the prayer spoken of in Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Calling on the Lord, (boldly confronting Him) is the essence of saving faith as we read in Ro 10:13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." and Ac 2:21 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.' Saving faith is somewhat of a mystery, but on that day and in that moment that you called upon Jesus to save you, there was a bold confidence in your approach to God. Where did that come from? It came from the Gospel. You heard it and believed it, and you called upon the Lord and you were saved! Ro 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. That my friend is something to rant and rave about! Father, the world, the devil and my flesh would seek to stifle my ravings about you. Help me to overcome them and publicly bear witness of Your great glory! Thank You for giving me the bold confidence to say I am saved because You opened my ears to Your Gospel!

No comments :

Post a Comment