Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

There Is No Shortage of Salvation With Jesus

659- Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Sa 22:3a, “The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, (2 Sam 22:,3a) Today I want to talk about the “horn of my salvation.” David uses the phrase to describe God and the Holy Spirit uses the phrase to describe Jesus in Luke 1:69. But what is meant by the term, “horn of my salvation?” I ran across a message written by James Smith in 1842 entitled the Horn of My Salvation. In it, he emphasizes the importance of the word salvation. He reminds us that our salvation is comprehensive. By that he means that our salvation is “deliverance already experienced, and deliverance yet to be realized. It embraces pardon of sin, through atoning blood; deliverance from a state of nature, by almighty power; access into the presence of God, preservation throughout the journey of life, by the watchful care of Jehovah; and an introduction to eternal blessedness, by the grace of Jesus. Salvation secures all spiritual blessings, and insures all temporal supplies.” That's quite a list. But what does a “horn” have to do with it? Smith goes on to remind us that the horn symbolizes three things. First of all authority. No need to wring our hands and worry about God's method of salvation. (grace through faith) It is secured by the God-given authority of Jesus. Secondly the horn is a symbol of power. So Jesus has the authority and the power to effect salvation. Thirdly the horn is a symbol of plenty, there is no shortage of salvation with Jesus. He is able to save to the uttermost. Heb 7:25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him,” So when you have doubts about your salvation, remember this phrase from David. Jesus is the horn of your salvation. Smith concludes his message with a hymn: Upon the cross my Savior hung, and shed His vital blood; And every wound is now a tongue, to plead my cause with God! For guilty me He intercedes that sin might be forgiven. That God would give the grace which leads, my wayward feet to heaven! The powerful plea is heard above, and straight the grace descends, I now enjoy forgiving love, and God and I are friends. Receive what Jesus has won for you on the cross and live confidently in the horn of your salvation!

No comments :

Post a Comment