Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Glory and Splendor of God In YOU

460 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from: 2Sa 7:4 But it happened that night that the word of the LORD came to Nathan, saying, 5 "Go and tell My servant David, 'Thus says the LORD: "Would you build a house for Me to dwell in? 6 "For I have not dwelt in a house since the time that I brought the children of Israel up from Egypt, even to this day, but have moved about in a tent and in a tabernacle. 7 "Wherever I have moved about with all the children of Israel, have I ever spoken a word to anyone from the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd My people Israel, saying, 'Why have you not built Me a house of cedar?'"' David has purposed in his heart to build a temple for God. This was a really nice gesture on his part and God later commended him for it in 1Ki 8:18, we read, “ "But the LORD said to my father David, 'Whereas it was in your heart to build a temple for My name, you did well that it was in your heart.” For now though, God makes it a point to tell David that He is okay with the situation the way it is. It's a great idea, but the timing isn't right. This lack of a permanent home for God on earth is a beautiful picture of the time that Jesus walked this earth. Mt 8:20 says, “And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." Jesus, like His Father, tabernacled on this earth, and I think one of the reasons was to show us that He is indeed Immanuel, “God with us!” Like Father, like Son, roaming with His people. When the time was right, Jesus departed this earth and ascended into heaven to sit on the right hand side of God the Father, and again, when the time was right He sent His promised Holy Spirit who has set up shop in all believers. As a believer, YOU are the temple that Solomon built. As we read in 1Co 6:19, “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? All the glory and splendor of God in YOU! I wonder how believing this truth might impact the way we live? I wonder how it may affect our roles as caretakers? Of the Temple? Father, the scandal of it all! You making Your home in us! Help us to reflect Your glory and splendor in our daily living.

No comments :

Post a Comment