Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Simple Eternal Life Giving Confession

464 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from: 2Sa 7:14,15, “I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 15 "But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. (2 Sam 7:14,15) Nathan continues to speak God's promises to David, and this particular promise is restated in the latter portion of Heb 1:5, “For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"? This passage is included in the Book of Hebrews because the Holy Spirit wants us to understand that Jesus is the Son of God! And as the Son of God, is one in essence with the Father. He is the incarnate Savior and King! Yet this Son of God would come in the flesh through the seed of David and Solomon. So Nathan is speaking of Solomon and his seed and to alleviate any fears that David may have about his posterity blowing it like Saul did and breaking this string of anointed succession. God promises to never withdraw His mercy from this lineage, and indeed we can trace the lineage of the Christ from David all the way to Joseph! (See Luke 3:23-38, and Mt 1:1-17) Oh yes, David and his lineage committed great iniquity and their sins brought them the pain that iniquity always brings with it. (Just read the stories!) But the great chastisement for their iniquity was poured out on God's Innocent Son, Jesus Christ, on Calvary. It was here that God chastened with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men, the iniquity of David, Solomon, Rehoboam, you, and I. But even in chastising His perfect Son for the sins of the world, God's mercy did not depart from Him and on the third day He rose again from the dead, and God said, “I accept my Son's sacrifice and will extend the same mercy to all who receive Him as Lord and Savior! This Davidic promise is summed up for us in Ro 10:9 “ if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” A simple eternal life giving confession that can only be wrought by the gift of faith. May God grant it to you today!

No comments :

Post a Comment