Search This Blog

Friday, January 31, 2014

You Are Being Watched

# 331 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 23:22,23 "Please go and find out for sure, and see the place where his hideout is, and who has seen him there. For I am told he is very crafty. 23 "See therefore, and take knowledge of all the lurking places where he hides; and come back to me with certainty, and I will go with you. And it shall be, if he is in the land, that I will search for him throughout all the clans of Judah." (1 Sam 23:22,23) The Ziphites have come to Saul and told him that David is hiding in the hills of their country and they offer to turn him in. Please note the extreme interest Saul is taking in asking the Ziphites to observe David. “Go and find out for sure,” “See the place where his hideout is,” talk to eyewitnesses who have actually seen him there, “Take knowledge of all the lurking places where he hides,” “come back to me with certainty!” In other words I want a full and accurate report of what David is up to. Remember that Saul serves as a type of the devil and the Ziphites as demons, and this portion of Scripture gives us a good picture of one of their tactics tactics that they use against you and I. They meticulously observes us. Remember too, that he and his demons are all fallen angels, and one of the things that all angels are capable of doing is observing. The Bible tells us that there is great rejoicing in heaven amongst the angels when they observe one sinner coming to repentance. (Lk 15:10) and in 1 Pet. 1:12, we are told that angels have a desire to observe the workings of salvation on human beings. Angels, good and bad observe. You and I are being watched constantly by demons who, like the Ziphites, report back to their king. The devil knows all to well the weaknesses of my flesh, he has been observing them for over 67 years. He uses these weaknesses to tempt me in every fashion to sin and rebel against God. He sees my wayward glances. He sees when I turn to other things to handle my pain rather than God, and he is more than willing to put them in front of me, in hopes of turning me away from God. He indeed goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour, but praise Jesus! I am able to overcome him and his devices because He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world! Father, help me to overcome temptation today.

No comments :

Post a Comment