Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

God's Covenantal Promises Covering Like A Blanket

# 314 - As we continue going through the Book of 1 Samuel, we have come to the part where David is fleeing from Saul and winds up in Goliath's hometown, wearing Goliath's sword. He is brought before the king where he feigns insanity. This incident prompted the writing of the 56th Psalm and the 34th Psalm. These are Psalms that can help us when we find ourselves in a tight situation. Today we will continue looking at the 56th picking it up at the first verse 8: “You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?” David had wandered into the enemies camp, something we often do ourselves as we make wrong choices. But God is aware of our wanderings. He even marks the pain they bring into our lives, and bottles all our repentant tears. Confident in God's acceptance of his repentance, David can say in v9, “When I cry out to You, Then my enemies will turn back; This I know, because God is for me. And then he points us to the reason for his confidence, namely the unfailing truth of God's Word! 10 In God (I will praise His word), In the LORD (I will praise His word), It is in this Word that David finds his reason for confidence and his reason for entrusting his situation to God, “v11, “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. 12 Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. This is a strong confidence boosting statement. God's vows are upon David, covering him like a down filled comforter on a Wisconsin winter night.. The Lord's covenantal promises of everlasting love and mercy blanket those who turn to Him. And David finally deduces that faith in God has delivered his soul from eternal death, it is therefore no big deal to God to deliver him from the situations he finds himself while living in the here and now. “For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” Beloved. Have you made some wrong choices and find yourself in a tight spot? God sees. He knows your pain and sorrow. He forgives. He restores. Turn back to Him trusting in His steadfast love for you as promised in His unfailing Word! Father, though I slip, I am sorry for my sins. Remember Your unfailing love and forgiveness for me through Jesus Christ

No comments :

Post a Comment