Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

New Convert? Brace Yourself!

# 322 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 22:8-10 "All of you have conspired against me, and there is no one who reveals to me that my son has made a covenant with the son of Jesse; and there is not one of you who is sorry for me or reveals to me that my son has stirred up my servant against me, to lie in wait, as it is this day." 9 Then answered Doeg the Edomite, who was set over the servants of Saul, and said, "I saw the son of Jesse going to Nob, to Ahimelech the son of Ahitub. 10 "And he inquired of the LORD for him, gave him provisions, and gave him the sword of Goliath the Philistine." (1 Sam 22:8-10) At the risk of reading more into this than I should, I can't help but liken this conversation between Saul and his troops with that of a type of conversation between the devil and his demons whenever a soul is converted to Christ. “You demons have been sleeping at the switch! You let another one get away! Another one has been stirred up to a covenant relationship with God through Jesus! Then a chief demon, (Doeg the Edomite) speaks up and says, “Satan, I do have something on Ahimelech the priest. I saw him help David, give him provisions. Maybe you can use this information to strike back at David (Jesus) And as we shall see, that's exactly what Saul did. My point in all this is we are involved in spiritual warfare. The devil does not like to lose any souls to Christ, and he will look for ways to strike back. This is especially valuable information for new converts. Brace yourself and be prepared to lean on Jesus like never before! You need to know that the devil is not happy with your conversion and he will counter attack. Re 12:12b says, “Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time." I remember vividly the counter attacks in my own life after I came back to Christ. They took on many different forms, including doubt, depression, and some pretty tough physical circumstances. By the grace of God I endured and I know that God will help you to endure as well. Endurance is the key because the victory is Christ's! Father help your children to endure.

No comments :

Post a Comment