Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Simply Ask!

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word.

 

Zec 10:1 Ask the LORD for rain In the time of the latter rain. The LORD will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, Grass in the field for everyone.

 

The latter rain! An agricultural and spiritual necessity! In my home state of Wisconsin it is easy to see the effects and necessity of this early spring and fall rains. Just watch the corn, in its early and late stages of growth.  Without rain the stalks and cobs are pathetic. They wither and are fruitless!

 

In the Bible the “latter rain” is meant to be a picture of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit! We are now living in the “latter days,” and will be until Jesus returns. To say we need the Holy Spirit is an understatement.

 

As Jesus said in Jn 15:5, “without Me you can do nothing.” And speaking of the Holy Spirit in Joh 14:16 He says, "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--

So how do we get this Holy Spirit to rain (and reign) in our lives?.....Zechariah tells us to simply ask.

 

JESUS tells us to simply ask!

 

Lu 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

 

What are you praying forth these days. What are you pounding on heaven’s door for? We all have a tendency to ask God to meet our physical needs, but neglect this most basic spiritual need. Nothing of eternal value will ever be accomplished without the aid of the Holy Spirit.

 

“Lord You know all my physical needs, but my greatest need is the Holy Spirit and so I do what Jesus has told me to do. I ask. Lord fill me with the latter rain. Fill me with Your Spirit.

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment