Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Anyone Else feel Like Lot

 

Good day, I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word.

 

I apologize for being a little late this week, but my computer was acting up. Today I’d like to talk about the half-time show at the Super bowl. I’ll keep it short.  Honestly I felt like I had a ringside seat at a Canaanite worship service. The frantic dancing reminding me a bit of the prophets of Baal in their standoff with Elijah.

 

My text today comes from  2Pe 2:6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds) --

 

Anyone else feel a bit like Lot while viewing the Super Bowl halftime show? I will say this, on one hand, the choreography was amazing, on the other, the gyrations were overtly sexual. A viewer couldn’t miss what was attempting to be portrayed. Let’s face it. Like Lot, we are living in a culture obsessed with sex.

 

This culture is no different than living in Canaan, or the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah in the days of Lot. And here’s the thing that most people miss, a sex obsessed culture always results in dead babies. Just read the Old Testament and see where cultural obsession with sex ALWAYS led to.

 

And dead babies always lead to a devaluing of human life, and all the other associated problems that come with that mindset. Welcome to America 2023. Pray people! Pray for the mercy of God upon our children and upon our land.

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment