Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2022

Violence in the Land

 

 

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

We are outraged. We are deeply saddened. We are frightened. I know some things need to be said, and certainly some things need to be done to address the horrific events at Robb Elementary School in Texas where 21 innocent elementary students and teachers lost their lives.

 

Many people have spoken out in recent days against a congress that due to partisan politics have dragged their feet in coming up with solutions to help put an end to these senseless acts of violence.

 

It’s time for the church to remind our government officials that they have a God-appointed responsibility to protect the governed from evil.

 

Ro 13:4 For he (the government) is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

 

As far as what that looks like concerning legislation, I don’t know. I just know that it’s time to stop bickering and time to look out for the good of the people rather than their own good! And so I plead to our legislators…..get on it! Get on with your God-given responsibility!

 

We in the church also have a responsibility in this matter! We are battling the forces of unspeakable evil here, and for that we need the help of Almighty God. We need humble prayer.

 

I have heard it repeated many times in the last couple of days that “we’ve tried prayer, and it’s not working.” That would appear to be the case, but maybe we ought to be asking, “Have we tried repentance?

 

What makes us think that we are different than the people of Solomon’s day? When the Lord said, 2Ch 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

 

Heartfelt repentance opens the ears of God! And sets His healing into motion. Isa 66:2 promises us: "But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.

 

A little trembling at the Word of God would go a long way in straightening out the moral compass of the land and it starts in the church!

.

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment