Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

My Body, My Choice?

 

 

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

Isa 65:5 Who say, 'Keep to yourself, Do not come near me, For I am holier than you!' These are smoke in My nostrils, A fire that burns all the day.

 

Have you ever felt the sting of acrid smoke in your nostrils? It’s irritating and annoying, but for the most part a temporary annoyance. But in this passage from Isaiah 65, we are reminded of the lingering sting filling the nostrils of God for those who live by the creed of “My body, my choice.”

 

Reading in Isaiah this morning and I couldn’t help but think of that pro-choice mantra that has resurfaced lately due to the possible overturning of the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.   

 

Here in Isaiah, the Lord is talking about those who openly rebel against Him, They say, “Keep to Yourself God! Do not come near me, for I am holier than You!”

Pretty much the same as “My body, my choice,” wouldn’t you say?

 

Of course the problem with that argument is we are not our own! We were bought at a great price on a cross outside Jerusalem over 2000 years ago. Joh 3:16 reminds us "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

 

Jesus paid the purchase price for all and everlasting life is promised to all who believe in Him!

 

And the Holy Spirit reminds us in 1Co 6:19,20 that as believers, we are not our own!

 

 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

 

And in 1Co 6:13 we read, “Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.”

 

Ending an unborn child’s life is not a glorifying act of one’s body. That little child growing in the womb also belongs to God as He fearfully and wonderfully crafts each and every unique human being.

 

His desire is to have fellowship with each one of us, and so He offers forgiveness of sins through faith in Jesus. Remember, there is no sin Jesus did not pay for on the cross. Receive Him as Lord and Savior and replace that annoying, irritating  acrid smell of rebellion in the nostrils of God with the sweet fragrance of Christ!

 

.

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment