Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

When You're A Quart Low On Joy

  

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

Isa 12:1 And in that day you will say: "O LORD, I will praise You; Though You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me. 2 Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; 'For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.'" 3 Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation. 4 And in that day you will say: "Praise the LORD, call upon His name; Declare His deeds among the peoples, Make mention that His name is exalted. 5 Sing to the LORD, For He has done excellent things; This is known in all the earth. 6 Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion, For great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!"

 

I think one word sums up this entire chapter of Isaiah, and that word is “jubilation.”  This chapter is jammed full of words describing the reaction of those who will put their trust in Jesus!

 

He says, “in that day,” again, he is talking about the Messianic age, the time in which you and I are now living and will  live until Jesus returns! Jubilation! Praise the Lord!! Joy drawn freely from the well of salvation! Praise the Lord! Declare what He has done for you through Jesus Christ. Exalt His name! Cry and shout, “great are You Lord!

 

This would be a great chapter to highlight in your Bible for those times when we are a quart low on joy! Go to Isaiah 12 and fill er up as you contemplate your great deliverance. God is no longer angry with you! He has forgiven you of all your sins through Jesus!

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment