Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2022

Do They See Jesus In Me

 

 

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

Isa 14:2 Then people will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them for servants and maids in the land of the LORD; they will take them captive whose captives they were, and rule over their oppressors. 3 It shall come to pass in the day the LORD gives you rest from your sorrow, and from your fear and the hard bondage in which you were made to serve, 4 that you will take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say: "How the oppressor has ceased, The golden city ceased!

 

The immediate effect of this prophecy was an encouragement to the house of Israel. The Babylonian captivity would one day come to an end and they will return to their land. They will no longer be burdened with sorrow, fear, and bondage from their captors.

 

The long term effect of this prophecy is meant to be a picture of the gospel age of the church, the Messianic age in which we now live, where the former enemies of the Jews will be united in service to the Lord Jesus Christ.

 

The gospel setting all men free from the burden of sin, the fear of judgment, and the bondage of the evil one.

 

Zechariah speaks of this age as follows: "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."'"(Zech 8:23)

 

It’s an echo of the words of Ruth  who told Naomi, “For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. (Ruth 1:16b)

 

I wonder, do the unbelievers in my life see that God is “with me” in my daily living? Am I making an impression on them, that creates a hunger for God in their lives?   Do they see Jesus in me?

 

Lord, use me to be a light in this world. Help my through word and deed to point the way to Jesus.

 

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment