Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Do You Still Want the Holy Spirit?

 

 

Good Day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word

 

Do you really want the Holy Spirit to come? Because when He arrives on the scene He will: “convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: (Jn 16:8)

 

I have a long list of people that I pray for daily. They are lost, and I pray that they will come to repentance and receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It’s kind of a pristine and sanitized prayer where I am basically praying for a transition from unbelief to belief so that I will see them in heaven one day.

 

But I think I am giving the Holy Spirit short shrift in that prayer because when He comes, it’s almost fearful to watch Him convert a sinner! (The kingdom of heaven is taken with violence, Mt 11:12) In His fullness He will break you to the point of wailing, as He opens your eyes to your sins! He will cut you to the heart!

Then as He convicts you of righteousness, He will set you on a path of restitution and right living as you seek to repair the damage your sins have caused others!

And finally, He will convince you of the coming judgment and suddenly you will become a zealous evangelist, not willing that any should perish.

 

So do you still want the Holy Spirit to come? It will be messy and it ought to be a little frightening, but so worth it!

Come Holy Spirit!

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment